Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shimmery Winter Night Manicure/Tutorial

This is the second manicure in my Holiday 2012 series.  I wanted to create a look that would reflect a dark starry winter sky sparkling with stars and snowflakes.  I like the way this manicure turned out but after it was done I felt like the snowflakes would have looked better in white instead of silver.  Oh well, there's always next year!  Here are the steps to acheive this manicure:

I started by painting my nails with two coats of Dark Navy by ELF

I used the Snowflake and the little stars on Bundle Monster Plate BM14
 I used Celeb City by Sally Hansen for the stamping.  I placed stars on my thumb and pinky finger and snowflakes on all fingers except my pinky.

 I dabbed a bit of Stunning by Revlon onto my stamping plate and with a dotting tool I picked up bits of the chunkier glitter and placed it randomly around my nails


I cleaned up and applied my favorite top coat, Dries Instantly by Sally Hansen and Voila!!  Shimmery Winter Nights!


No comments: