Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday Glitz Manicure

It's holiday time again!!  Has everyone done their shopping yet.  I am delighted to say that I am nearly done and almost everything is wrapped.  All of the holiday decorations and cheer put me in the mood to start my series of Holiday Manicures.  I just recently purchased a new glitter polish and couldn't wait to incorporate it in this series.  It's The Family Jewels by Pure Ice.  Very affordable polish I picked up at Wal Mart.  It is a clear polish LOADED with finely milled gold glitter and diamond shaped gold holographic glitter.  Stunning!!  It would only take two coats of this to have a very opaque coverage of glitter.  One coat of it over a colored polish would create a gorgeous effect.  My only complaint would be that the polish is thick, but this is fairly normal with heavily glittered polish.  For this manicure I paired it with Rich in Heart by Sinful Colors.  I applied it heavily at the tips and more thinly going toward the cuticles.  The final look was more than I had hoped for, so pretty.  Hope you enjoy!  I apologize that the pictures are not a better quality.  I snapped them with my phone and just couldn't get them clear and non blurry.  But overall you still get a good look at how well the colors worked together.




No comments: