Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Handmade By" Custom Product/Gift Tags

God bless my darling husband!!  He sees all of the things that I make as works of art and was very bothered by the fact that I didn't sign or label my hand made goods in some way that let people know I made them.  Due to his encouragement I decided to purchase a "Handmade By" stamp.  Off to Etsy I went to find the perfect stamp that would suit my taste and personality.  I was so pleased to find one that featured a butterfly.  The butterfly has long been a symbol I relate to.  It represents to me the struggles we go through before we emerge in beauty and take flight.  I had been using my stamp on the back of cards and other paper crafting projects and then it occurred to me that I could make tags to put on items I've crafted that couldn't be stamped, like knitted objects.  The idea of tags utilizing pretty scrapbook paper came to me so off to the computer and Cricut I went!  After a long search, I settled on a fairly simple tag design with just a little flourish to it.  These tags can be customized in so many ways to adorn any hand made object.  I hope you enjoy the tutorial.

Video Tutorial for this project.





Products Used for this Project:

From WalMart:

Colorbok 8 1/2 X 11 Card Stock - Craft
Colorbok 6X6 Paper Pack - Hootenanny
Colorbok 6X6 Paper Pack - Darling Jewel

Cricut Cartridges/Images Used:

Lovely Floral: Tag1-s
Lovely Floral: Frame4-s

From Etsy:


From Amazon:


No comments: