Monday, September 21, 2015

Congratulations ~ Wedding Card ~ Die Cutting ~ Stamping

If you are keeping up with my projects, then you saw the beautiful platter we did last week as a wedding present.  Well, I couldn't very well give that hand made personalized gift with a store bought card, now could I?  Lol, but seriously, I was really inspired by this couple and their journey and of course my creative juices were flowing so I set out to make a personal and unique card to go with their personal and unique wedding present.  I truly don't ever know exactly what design I am going to do when I sit down to make a card.  I just start pulling paper out that I feel fits the occasion and person/people that the card is going to and the rest just flows from there.  The ideas for sentiments, scriptures, images, patterns all just start coming together piece by piece.  I wish I could say my process was more organized than that, but the truth of it is, I really don't have a plan.  What you see on camera is literally what came to me minutes before I turned it on.  You are watching the process as it unfolds with me.

 I have made a great effort to keep my most needed items at hand and organized so if something is not working, I can switch gears and grab another item quickly and keep the flow going.  This card really came about like that.  Adhesives, as you have seen if you've watched my card videos, has been my biggest struggle.  I'm working on it and exploring different options and what works and doesn't work for me.  But I've got to tell you, when all else fails, Elmer's Spray Adhesive saves the day and gets the job done.  You may want to make a "spray box" to use with it though.  It does get everywhere if you don't control the over spray.  So, with all that said, on to the good stuff!! Video tutorial for this project.

Front

Inside

Materials Used

From Walmart
Hampton Basic Rubber Stamps - Congratulations and Mr. & Mrs.
12 X 12 Paper Pack - French Prep

From Hobby Lobby

Cricut Cartridge


No comments: