Monday, June 29, 2015

Darby Smart To DIY For ~ June 2015 ~ Polymer Clay Candle Holders

This is my new favorite box from Darby Smart!  I have never worked with polymer clay before but have wanted to try it for years.  I finally got my chance!  This box was a home run for me.  In the box were 4 bars of polymer clay in 3 colors, 4 tealight candle tins, 4 wicks, soy wax, and fragrance.  The directions as they appeared on Darby Smart's website:








As you can tell from my pictures, I took my design in a completely different direction.  The geometric blob was cute, but I wanted to challenge myself a little more.  Video Tutorial







Beads I made with the left over clay that will become
a necklace one day.

I am so pleased with the results. There was some trial and error and starting over. You can tell that more with the flowers because the color of the clay started getting more muddy and less marbly in appearance.  Overall, this project was a total win for me.  If you haven't tried Darby Smart yet, you don't know what you are missing.  Even in the months that I wasn't that enthused about the project, it was still fun to try it.  And then there are months like this when I couldn't be happier.

Scoring -
Value - 5
Ease of Use - 5
Instructions - 5
Finished Products - 5
Overall Score - 5


No comments: