Monday, October 31, 2011

Eyeshadow Technique for Hooded Eyes

This is the technique I've been using that I saw on Youtube as a good application of eyeshadow for "hooded eyes".  You can use any colors you want as long as you have 4 shadows that range in intensity from light to dark.  Hope you all enjoy!

I used to apply my primer and then concealer on my eyelid and then one day I did it backwards for some unknown reason and it worked REALLY well.  So that's how I've been doing it ever since.
Next I apply one of the lighter shades to my upper eyelid area
Next comes the next darkest shade on the lower, inner eyelid area.  You'll want to draw sort of a triangle with it making the widest part from your eyebrow to your tear duct

Now apply the next darkest shade to the outer V of the lower lid and into the crease

This is the part where we "fake" a visible crease.  With your eye open, take a darker shade and blend it into the lower part of the hood, above your natural crease line

At this point you could make it more dramatic and use an even darker shade and blend it into the outer corner of your eye.  I didn't for this look as I was trying to keep it softer.  I took the crease color and placed it under my lower lashes.
I went back with the lighter color and just touched up the inside triangle to make sure it stayed lighter if any of the crease color transferred.

Take the lightest shade and apply under the brow and on the inner tear duct.  You can skip this step if you want to keep it simpler and stay with only four colors.


I keep a couple of paper towels with me when I'm doing my makeup to clean my brushes as I go.  Using a clean fluffy brush, gently blend the edges of the colors so they appear seamless.

Apply your desired eyeliner to upper lash line and water line.  A trick I learned from a you-tuber was to use my eyeliner pencil dipped in my cream liner to apply color to the water line.  It makes it really easy as it is so small and I can be very precise with it.


Curl lashes and apply mascara.
I probably do this completely backwards, but this is when I do my eyebrows.

Clean up any fallout that may have occurred and apply your concealer, foundation, powder, highlight, bronze, blush and lip color as you normally would and we're all done!


No comments: